Re: [Banshee-List] XSPF on $datadir/banshee/stations [Release Notes 2.1.3]

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 6:51 PM, Nelson Marques <nmo marques gmail com> wrote:
> 2011/9/25 Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 2:54 AM, Nelson Marques <nmo marques gmail com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> In the 2.1.3 release[1] there's a reference to "XSPF playlists in
>>> $datadir/banshee/stations/ are imported automatically". Regarding this
>>> feature:
>>>
>>> 1. Is this provided by core banshee or an extension ?
>>> 2. What do I need to do test this feature (and if someone can point an
>>> .xspf file I can use would be great);
>>
>> To complement on Olivier's answer :
>>
>> 1) It is provided by the InternetRadio extension, which is part of
>> Banshee itself.
>
> Clear, no issues here.
>
>> 2) The import only happens the very first time you start Banshee, and
>> never again, even if no XSPF playlist was found.
>
> I've tried to test this feature with this XSPF[1] I found on a google
> search. This is the problem... If I place the file UKTV.xspf on
> /usr/share/banshee/stations, when I start banshee I get the following
> error (it doesn't seem it even looks there):
>
> [Warn  01:45:39.588] Error migrating Internet Radio Stations -
> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Directory
> '/home/nmarques/.config/banshee/plugins/stations/user' not found. (in
> `mscorlib')
>  at System.IO.Directory.ValidateDirectoryListing (System.String path,
> System.String searchPattern, System.Boolean& stop) [0x00000] in
> <filename unknown>:0
>  at System.IO.Directory.GetFileSystemEntries (System.String path,
> System.String searchPattern, FileAttributes mask, FileAttributes
> attrs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
>  at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles (System.String path, System.String
> searchPattern) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
>  at Banshee.InternetRadio.XspfMigrator.Migrate () [0x00000] in
> <filename unknown>:0
>
> But if I place the extensions on the folder where it looks
> (~/.config/banshee/plugins/stations/user) it just adds it without
> issues and it works. The behavior is somehow different.
>
> What am I missing here?

That message is from a related part of the code, which migrates radio
stations from the way they were stored in Banshee 0.x (XSPF files in
the folder you mention) and loads them into the database.
The import for default radio stations does the same thing, but looks
into $PREFIX/share/banshee/stations, where $PREFIX is the prefix you
passed to ./configure, or bin/ if you're running with "make run".

Other than that, you'll have to add some debug log in
src/Extensions/Banshee.InternetRadio/Banshee.InternetRadio/XspfMigrator.cs
to figure out what's happening.

--
Bertrand Lorentz