Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee 2.0 on Mac, and Building for Lion

2011/9/5 Brett Cornwall <brettcornwall gmail com>:

>>> Ah that makes a lot more sense. Hoping this is all hacked correctly
>>> for banshee-1 to banshee renaming and such. The build itself is 2.1.3
>>> + as of today, against mono-addins master. I have not seen the problem
>>> Olivier mentioned on g+ regarding non-functional extensions.
>>>
>>> I'll see what I can do with regards to cleaning up the release script
>>> tomorrow.
>>>
>>> Here goes, totally unofficial. Banshee 2.1.3 on OS X Lion. Testing
>>> welcome. If it breaks something, you get to keep both pieces.
>>>
>>> I apologize for the bittorrent, my connection is crap.
>
> Ran it straight from the mounted volume and Banshee couldn't find system
> fonts (no text, just nibbles). Secondly, selecting preferences would freeze
> the program. Don't know if that's relevant at this point and time. When
> actually installing it seems to be working very well. Everything that's
> advertised (meaning all but CD, Device support, etc.) seems to work well. It
> actually starts up now, too (the current hosted version on banshee.fm won't
> start even on leopard - it was pretty broken).
>
> Thanks so much for the building. Want a beer?

Beer is acceptable (so is offerings of Magic Touchpads, a guy can try
can't he?).

I also found that dock integration is kinda lacking. We crash when
dragging any item. There is as you mention no hardware integration and
the video playback is as expecte busted (but I suspect gst# will fix
that one). I don't see the preferences crash here.

Plenty broken but not at all bad, I use it now instead of iTunes for
playing music and it is very stable (with few exceptions).

I will start working on bugfiling documentation for OS X tomorrow,
provided live.gnome.org gets back up. I'd also like to start preparing
for gtk#3 building here since it sounds like that will be needed soon
for 2.3.x.

All in all I am very pleased with the status presently.

- David