Re: [Banshee-List] Problem with compilation albums

On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 21:13:38 +0100, "A. James Lewis" <james fsck co uk> wrote:
On Sun, 2011-06-12 at 15:55 +0200, Tommy Carstensen wrote:
If you right click your track and choose "Edit Track Information",
then you can check the "Compilation Album Artist" box and fill out the
name of the compilation artist (e.g. Various Artists). I hope this
helps. Tommy

Yes, I can see that you can do that... my question is why is it felt
that when Banshee is really targeted at replacing Rhythmbox, why it does
not read the tags written by that player correctly?

The reason for the seperate album/artist display is the possibilty of duplicate album titles. I have two albums titled "The Definitive Collection," one by John Lee Hooker and one by Buddy Holly. Rhythymbox displays these as the same album, while Banshee correctly distinguishes them. The only way to distinguish them in Rhythymbox is to to change the album title. Rhythymbox also has a very limited tag editor, so there's little information to use in importing a library. Banshee isn't perfect, but I think you'll start to appreciate its features more as you go along.

jon