Re: [Banshee-List] External USB Drive - 5 min Startup

Thanks for the reply,

What I did while waiting for help on this is go through my entire library
and tagged everything properly with puddletag. When I was finally ready to
try again, I imported every artists folder individually (in chunks of
course) instead of the base "My Music" folder that sits on the root of the
drive. I am still using the bind mounts I created earlier under
~/Music/ExtMusic/ and ~/Videos/ExtVideos, and haven't tried importing any
videos as of yet, but all seems to be working for now. I forgot to mention
that I did start with a fresh bansee.db as well.

In any case, all seems to be working for now but it's not a permanent
solution of course. I can't monitor my music folders individually, so adding
new music is gonna be a chore, but I haven't had my music in so long now
that I'm enjoying just having something working.

I wish there was a way to add an action to thunar that would scan a folder
for new items to add to the banshee.db so you wouldn't have to rescan the
entire library every time you added some music.

I will indeed try to troubleshoot further and try your suggestions, but now
I'm trying to get music onto my iphone that was given to me as a gift.
(wouldn't own one otherwise) Banshee sees it but fails on encoding music to
it. This apparently is not a banshee issue, and trying to get help on that
has been tougher than getting help here. =/

Will report back after I try your suggestion and really appreciate info.