Re: [Banshee-List] video player

Ok here is my crude mockup: http://i.imgur.com/4dNSH.png

I'm still not satisifed. I think that the part where I list episodes
could be better. Perhaps more like Banshee's list view so there is
more information and people can add columns. I'll try and refine it
tomorrow.

So let me explain some of the elements. The big rectangle with the X
is where the cover/poster goes. If there are more we can fetch them
and draw arrows on it (on mouse over) so the user can pick the one he
likes.

Below the cover would be quick links to seasons and it would scroll
the window to that season's heading. Should the "Season 1,2,3" etc
headings be collapse-able?

Clicking on an episode expands that entry just like in Ubuntu Software
Centre. From there you can click Detail which would open a separate
dialog like the current Edit Dialog. That way you get more information
(actors, writers, episode production code etc.) but can still edit
information.

One thing that I would like to see (as an option that can be disabled)
is for the missing episodes to show but be light grey. You can fetch
that info from the tvdb.org. That way I can see what episodes I'm
missing (or if Banshee didn't recognize them correctly point them to
it).

So that's basically it. Please do criticize so that I can improve it.
I would like to know if I'm missing some basic use case scenarios.
That would be most helpful.

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 6:46 PM, olivier dufour <olivier duff gmail com> wrote:
> Hey,
> I like both ideas:
> - palylist item on sidebar for filter to let all the space to cover view
> - info button to get extra info
> For season, I have no good idea.
> Here are my issue/use case:
> - cover is for tv/show so if I click on play on the cover of the show what
> is show ?

In my version if you click on the Play button on the cover it would
bring you to the screen my mockup shows while highlighting the last
episode you watched. So it wouldn't immediately play.

> - how show information about tv/show? and about this particular episodes?
> ==> solutions I have thinked to when tvshow is selected:
> - dropdownlist & tracklist when tvshow is selected
> - when selected the tv/show cover switch cover view with one cover by
> episode and info button.==> cover view become a nautilus ==> tv/show is
> about folder and episode is about file. ==> need to have button to get back
> to cover view for the tv/show from cover view for episodes list.
> I like the 2cd solution with an explorer solution but it mean that we have 2
> mode for cover view and the sytem to switch back to tv/show view from
> episode view is not user-friendly.
> I join a little mockup to show episode view. If you click on the title in
> the adresse bar (on the right of season  list) it get back to regular view
> with civer for tv/show.
> I think I will work on that a lot at fosdem and monohackfest.
> So if people are present next month in Bruxelles glad to have all point of
> view to have the best mockup.
> here is the mockup:
> http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/HXPi4Z3gO3HLm5cUgs8nSQ?feat=directlink
>

> Olivier Dufour

You made the same mistake I did. This isn't a media centre for TVs and
projectors. So there is no need to have lots of cover art. Banshee
should display the relevant information in an organized fashion.

One more thing. No matter what gets implemented the interface should
avoid having containers and separators. If elements need to be
separated then whitespace (blank space) should be used. In my mockup
the seasons/episodes list has a container as does the selected
episode. They are there simply informational and shouldn't be
implemented.