Re: [Banshee-List] Suggestion: keyboard scroll

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 2:24 PM, pikolas <nicolasrpmaia hotmail com> wrote:
> Hello there!
>
> I'm not sure this has been suggested before, but it would be very nice if
> one could use keyboard letters to more easily find the artist one is looking
> for.
>
> For example, while in the library, one would just type the letter 'u' and be
> shown U2 or whatever band that begins with 'u'.
>
> I reckon it shouldn't be a very time-demanding task, yet it would improve
> the user experience dramatically, I think.

What you're describing is already possible, but you have to press "?"
on your keyboard first (you'll notice a small textbox appears), and
then type what you're looking for.
You also have to make sure that the list you want to search in
(Artists, albums or track list) is focused.

Hitting "?" is necessary because we have chosen to have global
keyboard shortcuts: "e" to edit the current track, "/" to go to the
search box, spacebar to play/pause, etc.

--
Bertrand Lorentz