Re: [Banshee-List] Cover art storage and fetching

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Klaus Zeitler <info klauszeitler de> wrote:
> Hello,

>    william>
>    william> You can also just use the 1-click for openSUSE:
>    william> http://software.opensuse.org/ymp/home:unamanic:branches:Banshee:Unstable/Banshee_openSUSE_11.4/banshee.ymp?base=openSUSE%3A11.4&query=banshee+2.1.3
>    william>   (for banshee 2.1.3)
>
> tried this one-click install. That wasn't a one click BTW, I had to
> manually select a few options, but apparently I must have done something
> wrong. Even so the installer did claimed to download the unstable
> version, I still have 2.1.0.
> Tried it once more, this time I didn't have to select anything manually.
> The installer again downloaded something called unstable, but it's still
> version 2.1.0.
>
> Hope I didn't mess up my original version. Now how de I get out of this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Klaus
>
> --

The good news is that the "Official" Banshee:Unstable repo is building
again and at 2.1.3, so you can use it instead of my home repo.  First
you should get rid of my home repository from your system.  Your
currently enabled repos (Yast->Software Repositorise) should look
something like this:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3203318/Repos.png

- Simply delete the one that says "Branch of Banshee:Unstable
(Banshee_openSUSE_11.4)", you need to keep the "Banshee Unstable
Releases (Banshee_openSUSE_11.4)" and "Banshee Media Player
(openSUSE_11.4)"
- Clicking ok and let yast finish
Now you two options:
First what I would do:
-Open a terminal and execute "sudo zypper dup", this will install the
highest available versions of all packages from the enabled
repositories (this means it will also downgrade anything that is
installed from a previously installed repo).
- Scan what zypper dup is about to do to ensure it's not going to do
something crazy like remove xorg or something, and if it all looks
good agree.  It is possible that there will be a lot more changes than
just banshee as it upgrades things from packman, etc.
The GUI alternative:
- Open Yast->Software Management and search for banshee
- Click on the package and pick the version from Banshee:Unstable
- Agree to vendor changes if prompted
- Click ok, and let yast process

When everything is done, you should be at 2.1.3.

WIll