Re: [Banshee-List] Cover art storage and fetching

On 28/08/2011 15:41, Klaus Zeitler wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm using banshee 2.0 (openSuse 11.4.). In my old banshee (that was 1.4
> I think) the cover art was stored like e.g.:
> ~/.cache/album-art/darbyterencetrent-introducingthehardlineaccordingtoterencetrentdarby.jpg
> Now the same cover is stored in:
> ~/.cache/media-art/album-fffb9ad9a18ff08123e0e4b73649f0e6.jpg
>
> This doesn't look like a nice improvement :-(. It's now difficult to
> figure out which jpg belongs to which album. The only way I found
> was to click on "choose new cover art" and then select "recently used".
> Is there a better way to figure this out?
> Maybe the information which jpg is used could be added to the properties
> display.
>
> But then again my long term goal is to move the cover art to the album's
> directory instead of leaving it in ~/.cache/media-art.
> Just tried this, i.e. I moved
> ~/.cache/media-art/album-fffb9ad9a18ff08123e0e4b73649f0e6.jpg
> to the album folder as cover.jpg (also tried folder.jpg).
> But when I played a song from this album, banshee fetched the
> album cover again. Now I have it twice. Is there a way to tell banshee
> to fetch album cover only if there's no jpg in the album's folder?

There's the recently introduced album art writer extension in the Banshee
Community Extensions for that.

But apart from that, did you realize you could actually just drag the album art
from the album art display at the bottom left corner of the window?

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin