Re: [Banshee-List] mplayer backend for Banshee video playback

Dnia 2011-04-28, czw o godzinie 21:25 +0400, Toki Tahmid pisze:
> @Samuel,@Alex, it's great that those are used, and so does other video
> players, but what I'm saying is, instead of reimplementing them all
> over again, just let mplayer take care of it all.

@Toki, Banshee uses gstreamer. Gstreamer is a complete multimedia
solution owned by Freedesktop.org, a separate project from Banshee and
developed separately. It can use, and does use, ffmpeg, which mplayer
does, too.

I can't see any advantage of using mplayer over gstreamer in Banshee,
while I can see many disadvantages, the tiniest of which is the
requirement to reimplement the whole playback stack for mplayer.

Maybe try to address this the other way around - what are your issues
with video playback in Banshee?

[1] http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/
[2] http://freedesktop.org/

Regards
--
Michał (Saviq) Sawicz <michal sawicz net>