Re: [Banshee-List] Old Unconfirmed Bug Reports.

Hi Dave,

Glad to hear you want to contribute in new ways.

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 3:50 AM, yay101 <yay101 gmail com> wrote:
> Hey everyone i was looking to start being more involved in the community than
> just posting bug reports and helping on forums etc and decided to take a
> look at the bug lists on the gnome site for banshee.
>
> Here comes the shock and horror, hundreds if not thousands of unclosed bug
> reports based on archaic versions of banshee and no comments hinting
> otherwise. So my question is, whats the best way to go about dealing with
> this problem and how can i help?

We have 1288 bugs open right now, 432 of which are enhancement
requests - so 856 actual bugs.  Have you read
<http://banshee.fm/contribute/help-with-bug-reports/> ?

If you can't reproduce a bug, then you can mark it as NEEDINFO and ask
if the user can test with the version you tested with.  If we don't
hear back from them within a month or three, we can close the bug.  If
it's impossible to try to reproduce a bug, and they're not using the
latest stable (2.0) then you can ask them to upgrade and try again.

Some bugs will be against code we don't use/support any more.  For
example, iPod bugs filed against our legacy iPod support (ipod-sharp)
-- eg any iPod bugs before about Banshee 1.7.4 -- can probably be
closed as OBSOLETE.

Let me know if you have further questions.  Good luck!

Gabriel