Re: [Banshee-List] Web Interface Control

I'm not sure if what you want is a standalone webserver which happens
to be able to talk to banshee (as it seems like remucu is meant to
be?) or just have banshee do the serving and have a webinterface.

At any rate, I'd like to point to that we over at XBMC had this
problem and couldn't really find an API which was well suited for the
mixed video and audio case (as banshee is moving towards). As such we
decided to do our own API, essentially it takes some ideas from MPRIS
but with the addition of more content types. Its based on jsonrpc
which works very well to make good webpages on (as jsonrpc can be on
http it works well with webinterfaces this way). The API is still in
its infant stage but we are working hard to clean it up and make it
less XBMC-y. We would love if more apps considered using this API as
it would only help both of us if we could share interfaces (and
remotes). The API is located at
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=JSON_RPC but is in heavy
development and version 3 (current unstable) is much cleaner. The
player and playlist namespaces do need quite a bit of love before it
will be useful.

Anyways, its probably not what you want but I thought I would throw it
out there, if you want to use that as a base I'd love to work with you
on what would need to be altered for it to work well with banshee
also, the future plan on the API will be very non-xbmc centered.