[Banshee-List] Three iPod interface issues

Banshee Developers:

I'm using Banshee 2.0, and I have three issues with the iPod view (the
one that appears when I select the device in the sources sidebar under
Devices).  I'm working with a 2nd gen shuffle with 1 GB space.  I don't
have any other devices, so I don't know if these problems arise with
other devices.  I'd be happy to file bug reports for any or all of
these, as you see fit.

1.  I wonder how Banshee calculates the space usage for the device.  For
example, on this 1GB iPod, I sync with a playlist in my library that
happens to take up 995.1 MB.  However, most of the files in this
playlist are large FLACs that get converted to smaller MP3s during sync
(BTW, apparently the results of the conversions are not cached, since
every time I sync a reconversion is required).  At the end of the sync,
the space graphic is completely blue and it says:

   Audio 995.1 MB,  Video None,  Other None,  Free Space 728.3 MB

The results of df (or, equivalently, df --block-size=1024) are:

   1K-blocks: 987136    Used: 241272    Available: 745864   Use: 25%

So, there are several things wrong here.  The Audio number (and the blue
part of the graphic) seems to be coming from the original library size,
rather than the size on the device.  And the free-space figure looks
like it comes from 745864 * 1000 / 1024 = 728382.8125 (rounded down
rather than up), which is incorrect as well.  It should be 745.9 MB if 1
MB = 1048576 bytes, or else 763.8 MB if 1 MB = 1000000 bytes.  If I
disconnect the device and reconnect, the graphic is approximately
one-quarter blue and it says:

   Audio 234.7 MB,  Video None,  Other 946.6 KB,  Free Space 728.4 MB

with the Audio number closer to correct, although I don't understand the
figure 234.7 MB (it's not 241272 * 1000 / 1024 = 235617.1875).  Also, I
don't know where the nearly 1 MB of "Other" came from; before, it was 0.
 Finally, notice that the free-space figure is now rounded up, rather
than down (though still wrong, as indicated above).

2.  Under Music in the Sync Preferences for the device, the menu item
sometimes says 'Sync from "Playlist"', but other times it says 'Sync
from ???Playlist???'.  When it is the latter, disconnecting the iPod and
reconnecting it seems always to result in the former (i.e., quotes
around the playlist name rather than the three question marks).

3.  If I open up a terminal window and cd to a directory on the device,
and then try to disconnect the iPod using the GUI, I just get a message
"Disconnecting Media Player...", which never goes away.  Of course, I
understand that the device cannot be unmounted when it is busy, but it
would be nice if there was a message in the GUI to that effect.  Also,
there is apparently no timed retry, since when I exit the terminal
window, the message still continues to display forever -- or at least
until I click the "Disconnect" button again.

Todd Wilson