Re: [Banshee-List] External USB Drive - 5 min Startup

Thank you for the reply.

I'm not sure if mine is rebuilding the db or not. There is an existing db
that is 12mb. I'd be happy to try moving it but not sure what's involved.
Also, I am indeed using version 2.0.

By far the most prevalent error message from the log is..
(Over 1,000)

(Banshee:2913): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_remove_toggle_ref:
assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

Most of these errors are just empty like above, but others reference media
files that have not been added to my library, and don't want added. The
drive is a WD 2TB and has all kinds of data on it. "My Music" folder is
located in the root of the drive and is all that Banshee needs to look at.
Is it possible that it's trying to scan the entire drive?

There are other errors as well, but most seem to be related to media keys,
cover art and such. Happy to post any info needed if it would help.

I am pretty desperate now. After a clean boot this morning, it now won't
play a song without skipping every few seconds and the swap file has grown
to over 1gb before ever playing a song.

Will try anything to get this going as I really don't want to go back to MM
under Wine, but at least it plays.

Thank you,
Ako