[Banshee-List] External USB Drive - 5 min Startup

I have all my music on an Ext USB drive and it takes just under 5 mins each
time I start Banshee. Is there anything I can do to speed this up? (7K+
tracks)

I am also noticing huge hiccups and swap file usage. From a fresh instance,
it uses almost 900mb of swap, which is over half of my alloted 1.6gb. I
realize I'm not running on a super fast computer, but am hoping there are
things I can do to help. After running all night, the swap file grew to
1.4gb and made it impossible to do anything except reboot which took 10
mins.

My main rig died which has nudged me to finally go Linux all the way,
especially since my laptop isn't exactly new. I really like the player and
want to make it work.

Lastly, when Banshee was being unresponsive once, I thought I had right
clicked on a track and saw a menu to change the cover art, but now I can't
find any way to access this flyout menu again.

I haven't found an official support forum for Banshee so I am hoping I am
asking in the right place. Please point me in the right direction if I'm
mistaken.

Ako

HP ZD8000
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
1GB Ram

Banshee 2.0
Xubuntu 10.04 (Lucid) 2.6.32-30-generic SMP i686 GNU/Linux
Xfce 4 Desktop Environment - version 4.6.1 (Xfce 4.6)
Gnome 2.30.02