[Banshee-List] ape tags converted to id3v2 tags?

banshee: 1.8.1
Folks,

Could someone else confirm the following behavior for me?  If i take a
wavpack file with ape tags and edit the tag in banshee, the saved file
has it's tags converted to id3v2 tags.

Is this by design?  Mutagen-inspect (and all programs that use mutagen)
now think that my wavpack files are mp3 files and it's can't read them
anymore.

I'm not sure how i'm gonna convert all these file tags back to ape v2.

--
Bearcat M. Şandor
Cell: 406.210.3500