Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee 1.7.5 released!

On Fri, 2010-09-03 at 09:06 -0400, AS wrote:
> On 09/03/2010 08:55 AM, AS wrote:
> > On 09/03/2010 08:13 AM, Alexander Kojevnikov wrote:
> > > You need the development package for gtk+, I think it's called
> > > libgtk2.0-dev in Debian/Ubuntu. The easies way to install all
> > > build
> > > dependencies is with:
> > > % sudo aptitude build-dep banshee
> > > See also the Ubuntu section at
> > > http://banshee.fm/download/development/
> This is crazy!  I  ran the ./autogen.sh stuff.  What the heck is
> "make" and how do I run it?  Here's the text from banshee.fm.....

"make" is a program that compiles software based on a make file.

# ./autogen.sh
# make
# make install

You run it just like you did autogen.sh

These are standard tools for building applications from source code.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam whitemice org> LPIC-1, Novell CLA
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>