Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee 1.7.5 released!

I wish I was as smart as you folks concerning installation of Banshee.

1.  I'm running Ubuntu 10.04
2.  I downloaded- http://download.banshee-project.org/banshee/unstable/1.7.5/banshee-1-1.7.5.tar.bz2
3.  Once downloaded, I clicked on the file banshee-1-1.7.5
4.  My computer extracts the files to a directly called- banshee-1-1.7.5
5.  I navigate to the directory in step 4, above, and enter (using Terminal) ./configure; make; make install

6.  The process runs but then ends with the following message;

checking for GTK... configure: error: Package requirements (gtk+-2.0 >= 2.8) were not met:

No package 'gtk+-2.0' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GTK_CFLAGS
and GTK_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.

Any idea how to fix this problem?