Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee 1.7.5 released!

On 09/03/2010 08:55 AM, AS wrote:
On 09/03/2010 08:13 AM, Alexander Kojevnikov wrote:
On 3 September 2010 21:59, AS<peace aleksandrsolzhenitsyn net>  wrote:

6.  The process runs but then ends with the following message;

checking for GTK... configure: error: Package requirements (gtk+-2.0>= 2.8)
were not met:

No package 'gtk+-2.0' found

You need the development package for gtk+, I think it's called
libgtk2.0-dev in Debian/Ubuntu. The easies way to install all build
dependencies is with:

% sudo aptitude build-dep banshee

See also the Ubuntu section at http://banshee.fm/download/development/

This is crazy!  I  ran the ./autogen.sh stuff.  What the heck is "make" and how do I run it?  Here's the text from banshee.fm.....

Then you should cd banshee (move to the folder where you checked it out from git) and run ./autogen.sh followed by make. You can run Banshee from git alongside Banshee from a package by not running make install. Instead, run and test Banshee from git with make run.

I used the sudo command above and my machine went through a rather long process of installation.

However, Banshee doesn't appear anywhere and there's no reference to it anywhere on my machine.

According to Synaptic manager,  libgtk2.0-dev is already installed.

What do I do now?