[Banshee-List] playlists and portable devices

I created bug 635350 about the following but wondered if anyone has found any
workaround for any of these issues:

I've been trying to get playlists working reasonably with my portable media
device.  Specifically, my device has an .is_audio_player with the following two
directives in it:

audio_folders=Music
playlist_path=Playlists

because on my media player songs are stored in /Music and playlists in
/Playlists (relative to the device).

What banshee does with those two directives though is puts playlists into
/Music/Playlists, and likewise expects to find playlists in that directory.  It
seems like a bug to interpret the playlist_path relative to the audio_folders
path.

I have been able to work around the above bug by creating a symbolic link in
/Music to ../Playlists on my device such that /Music/Playlists -> ../Playlists.

When I do so however playlists that I create have entries that are relative to
the Playlists symlink such as:

../Depeche Mode/101 (disc 1)/01 - Pimpf.mp3

when that file is in fact in /Music/Depeche Mode/101 (disc 1)/01 - Pimpf.mp3 on
the media player.  I don't think it's reasonable to expect any media player to
understand relative paths because I don't think you can ever assume which
folder a media player considers "current" after it's read the playlist and is
going to play tracks.

Also, playlists created by the device itself, have entries such as:

/Music/The Smashing Pumpkins/Gish/03 - Rhinoceros.mp3

but banshee fails to read and understand that type of entry relative to the
audio_folders setting.

Cheers,
b.