[Banshee-List] A few issues with Wavpack files and banshee

Hey folks,

First off thanks for all the great work on Banshee i've recently switched from mpd+gmpc and i'm liking it very much. There are a few issues with wavpack files that i've noticed. I looked over the bug reporting system and i didn't see any bug reports on these. I thought i'd check here before posting there.

Using banshee 1.8.0-r1 and gstreamer 0.10.29 on gentoo

1. Ratings, play counts and lyrics are not written to wavpack files as they are for flac files.

2. multichannel (more than two) wavpack files will not play at all. Banshee just throws a fit (flashing the pause button for a moment) then crashes. MPD does play multichannel wavpack files. I note that totem won't either so perhaps this is a gstreamer issue. I think that ffmpeg has this problem so if banshee/gstreamer are using ffmpeg for wavpack it would explain it. Is it?

As far as writing the playcounts/lyrics to files it would be great to also include the user name so that multiple people could write their ratings/playcounts to it in situations where multiple users accessed the same library on a network store.

Thanks,

Bearcat M. Sandor