Re: [Banshee-List] A few issues with Wavpack files and banshee

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Bearcat M. Sandor
<hometheater feline-soul com> wrote:
> 1.  Ratings, play counts and lyrics are not written to wavpack files as they
> are for flac files.

Hi Bearcat.  Please file an enhancement request for this:
http://banshee.fm/contribute/file-bugs/

> 2.  multichannel (more than two) wavpack files will not play at all. Banshee
> just throws a fit (flashing the pause button for a moment) then crashes. MPD
> does play multichannel wavpack files. I note that totem won't either so
> perhaps this is a gstreamer issue.  I think that ffmpeg has this problem so
> if banshee/gstreamer are using ffmpeg for wavpack it would explain it. Is
> it?

Yeah, if it doesn't work on Totem either it's a GStreamer bug; you can
file it here: http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gstreamer

Gabriel