Re: [Banshee-List] Creating a randomized playlist

Interesting, maybe it's not just my imagination, then.  It often seems like Banshee gets really into 3 or so artists and plays a lot of their music, but these 3 artists aren't always the same.  As far as solutions go:

Could auto-filling the Play Queue be a solution for you?  Through the 'source-specific' preferences, you could set the play queue to show a lot of upcoming songs, and fill randomly by song from your music library or any playlist.  Banshee definitely shouldn't pick the same song twice before it's gone through everything, and this option would let you see upcoming songs and either reorder them or remove some ahead of time if you see too many by the same artist.

Also, you could create a new smart playlist that doesn't match any criteria, but is limited to 3 hours of music chosen randomly.  Unfortunately, since smart playlists can't be sorted randomly, you'd still need to have shuffle turned on if you don't want to move through the playlist in order.  But maybe this is sort of what you're looking for...?  Personally, I'd recommend the play queue, though.

Michael