[Banshee-List] Syncing iPod fruitless! Is there help for this?

I installed Banshee from the Ubuntu kernel and plugged in my iPod. All I got
was a message stating that my iPod couldn't be read (even after trying to
"rebuild the database" three times, as per it's suggestion). After some
Google-ing and problem solving, I discovered I didn't have the updated
version of Banshee. So I went through the process via my terminal to have
Ubuntu check for updates, and now am working with the most recent version of
Banshee.

When I plugged in my iPod the first time, I got a new screen it hadn't shown
me before-- a sync screen for my iPod! Overjoyed, I set the program to sync,
and watched Banshee tell me it was putting my 6,000+ songs onto the portable
device. This took about thirty minutes and my iPod was clicking inside, so I
figured it was working. After the process was over and I unplugged my iPod--
NOTHING had changed (just the minimal selection of artists/albums that it
contained before). Moreover, when I plug the iPod back in now, it is back to
the old "can't read your iPod" message.

I am at my wit's end. Am I missing something here? Any help is appreciated!