Re: [Banshee-List] No Playback?

I'm not sure how VLC handles codecs, but could you find an mp3 that doesn't play in Banshee and try to play it in either Rhythmbox or Totem?  If the mp3 plays in those two programs, then the problem is definitely specific to Banshee.

Either way, you might be able to get some useful info about the problem by running Banshee with debugging turned on -- from Terminal, run: banshee --debug

Are you able to play any other formats in Banshee, like ogg or flac?

Michael