Re: [Banshee-List] since 1.7.3 no more lyrics plugin working

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 1:50 PM, John Dose <john expat-world com> wrote:

> Since I upgraded to 1.7.3 on ubuntu lucid the lyrics plugin can be
> activated under preferences, but it does not show elsewhere, and ctrl-T
> doesn't work either. Is it me alone or is it a known bug? Any circumvention?

This is caused by a re-organization of Banshee's assemblies in 1.7.3 :
Hyena.Data.Sqlite was split off in it's own .dll.
Extensions built against an older version of Banshee didn't pick up
that dependency, so they fail when they try to access anything under
Hyena.Data.Sqlite. For the Lyrics extension, it happens when it's
initialized.

Just rebuilding the extension from source should fix that, as the
build system will pick up the new .dll dependency automatically.

--
Bertrand Lorentz