Re: [Banshee-List] No Playback?

On response to your first issue... Sounds to me like you need to install ubuntu-restricted-extras to get yourself a decoder for mp3 files.

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/mp3

On Jul 22, 2010 2:39 PM, "JMJimmy" <majuki yahoo com> wrote:

I just did an install of Ubuntu 10.04 on a Toshiba Satellite Pro A100 (ED5)
and installed Banshee 1.6.1 via the software center.  After importing my
music I hit play and nothing.  It thinks the file is playing but the button
doesn't change to pause, the message "waiting for playback to begin"
remains, etc.  I tried deleting and re-importing everything to no avail.
The volume slider is also broken (can't slide it at all, stuck on mute)

I can confirm that audio does work on this system (VLC/Firefox produce
sound), the master volume slider is maxed and so is the secondary. I've
searched the bug list, mailing list, & google but the only things I could
find that were similar were in version 0.11 & 0.13

An unrelated problem, there doesn't appear to be a way to remove duplicate
entries ie: importing media from an mp3 player and from the music folder
will show up twice even though they are the same files.

Any ideas?