Re: [Banshee-List] Slightly improved MTP support

2010/6/30 Alan McGovern <alan mcgovern gmail com>

Questions:
Are we ok bumping the min requirement to libmtp 0.3.0. It's about 2
years old, it should be fine.

A quick look at downstreams show that Ubuntu would be supported 2 releases back plus the current development. All supported versions of Fedora have supported builds (and downstream seem willing to do such updates for us if we need). I don't have data for openSUSE as their system isn't that easy to figure out but I am sure they also have a capable version, anyone who hasn't really should be encouraged to update.

It seems safe to me.

I have one or two MTP capable devices and so long as this is easily installable in Ubuntu Maverick then I am more than willing to retest all my previous mtp related bugs and run it through it's paces.

A lot of work is starting to depend on the udev work alex is doing, how close are we to having this mergable?