Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee from Intrepid repository not up to date

Okay, after taking so0me time to cool down like Max Battcher suggested, and
trying out several other media players (bearing in mind the limitation I
have that they must work in Hardy since that is currently what I have to run
for hardware support and software compatibility reasons) I've found myself
comparing them all unfavorably to Banshee.  Banshee for all its faults is
still the best mp3 player available for Gnome or Linux IMHO.  The annoyances
I have with Banshee are minuscule when compared to some of the issues I
encountered with hose other players!

Sure Rhythmbox does podcast information display better than Banshee, but at
least Banshee doesn't insist on renaming the files into some strange letter
number sequence making it nearly impossible to copy the files over to my
mp3player!  And with Banshee I can at least update the player a
bit--Rhythmbox is so tied to Gnome it seems impossible to update it without
removing half the desktop!  And don't even get me started on how broken the
lyrics plugin for Rhytmbox is...

So I apologize for my attitude, my irritation at not being able to run a
more recent version of Banshee.  Thanks for making such a great music
player!  I can confidently say after trying the rest that Banshee is the
best!

--bornagainpenguin