[Banshee-List] Banshee transfers invalid tracks to Creative Zen (MTP)

(In case people are on the openSUSE forums as well, I've posted this there as
well but after more investigation found that this appears to be a Banshee
issue rather than an openSUSE library/app combination issue and so have
decided to post to the wider Banshee audience)

I'm having a few problems with my Creative Zen and Banshee after swapping
computers and upgrading to openSUSE 11.2. I'm having intermittent connection
issues, but I think that is libmtp at fault. Currently the main problem is
that Banshee will transfer tracks to my Creative Zen X-FI (8GB), but that
the tracks won't play. There is no error at the console and the tracks copy
successfully, but when I play them the Zen says "There is a problem playing
this audio" and skips to the next track (which also fails).

It doesn't appear to be a libmtp problem, as Gnomad and Rhythmbox copy files
that play, but they don't copy the album art for me, and Banshee has all of
my songs and playlists in already.

I've tried the default v1.5.1 that came with openSUSE 11.2 and the
Banshee:Stable v1.5.2 build, both of which hit the "new libmtp with 64-bit
machines" problem, so I built a patched version of 1.5.2 and the files
wouldn't copy, then I found a Banshee:Alpha build service repo with 1.5.3
in, but that also transfers invalid files.

Any ideas on what might be causing the invalid files? Or what I could do to
debug the situation and provide more information?

Thanks.