Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee from Intrepid repository not up to date

On Saturday 09,January,2010 03:17 AM, Gregor Wenkelewsky wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> it seems to be impossible to get a version of Banshee more recent than
> 1.4.3 through the Banshee repository for Ubuntu 8.10 (intrepid), is
> that correct? Though 8.10 is still officially supported by Canonical,
> until April 2010.
>
> Yours, Gregor
Yes, that is correct. Although Ubuntu 8.10 is still officially supported by
Canonical, that does not mean that packages in the PPA are supported by
Canonical. PPAs are considered third party sources, and as such are generally
supported by the PPA owner/uploader of the packages, in this case me.

The problem here is that the newer Banshees do not compile under Ubuntu
Intrepid. If there is a patch around which will allow Banshee to do so, then
it'd be possible to get it updated in the PPA. But really, Ubuntu Karmic is a
good release, and I recommend upgrading.

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin (GPG: 0x8F02A411)