Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee from Intrepid repository not up to date

APIs and ABIs change that don't allow newer Banshee versions to work with older Mono versions. That's how most *nix distributions work. You name it, you must use the latest software to, well, use the other latest software.

It's like on Windows, if you attempted to play a DirectX11 game on a Direct3D8 system. It just won't work, and the only solution is to upgrade your entire system.

It applies with every other media player too, btw.