Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee's current status and future development

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 10:54 AM, rickstone <rhadenstone gmail com> wrote:
> 2)  USB Mass Storage devices (in particular the Nexus One), while I LOVE
> that managing music with Banshee is easier and more automated (album art
> naming, folder structure, transcoding) it is a huge problem that playlists
> are not being created on the device when they are transferred.  This has
> been an issue for approximately a year, since support for the G1 was
> announced.  Any idea of why or a timeframe for fixing this?  I have already
> filed a bug report for this.

Since you are presumably CC'd on any updates of the bug, paying
attention to bugmail is the best way to find out if there is any
progress on the bug.  If you don't hear anything, then probably nobody
is working on it.  Your best bet is writing a patch yourself, or
attempting to bribe somebody to do it for you.

> 3)  Smart/dynamic playlists: love them, but I really wish that one of the
> "fill" options was last.fm recommendations/similar tracks.  This would make
> this function much more useful.

Neat idea, have you filed a bug?  Again, for such a specific issue,
tracking updates in bugzilla is the best way to know what's going on.

Sandy