Re: [Banshee-List] Cleaning DB after moving music

On 12/09/2010 09:19 PM, Michael Martin-Smucker wrote:
> Paul,
> Play Counts and Ratings can be saved to the music files (in addition to
> the database) so that you wouldn't have to lose those sorts of things if
> your library changes locations.  Off the top of my head, I think the

I was about to mention this.

> On a related note, it would be spectacularly awesome if, when rescanning
> the library, Banshee could compare the songs-to-be-removed with the
> songs-to-be-added and preserve ratings/plays/skips/score/etc for obvious
> duplicates.  This would make changing the location of the music library
> much less painful.

I was thinking about the FilesystemWatcher plugin. I'm pretty sure it
must be active during the file move (and won't catch moves that have
been done in-between runs) but it should do the trick.
Hm, on the other hand, it probably will just remove and then add the
files so that anything not stored in the file itself will be lost.
Still, it should be useful for the problem of the OP with the manual
removal of orphaned file entries.

Sebastian