Re: [Banshee-List] Cleaning DB after moving music

Paul,
Play Counts and Ratings can be saved to the music files (in addition to the database) so that you wouldn't have to lose those sorts of things if your library changes locations.  Off the top of my head, I think the option is something like Edit > Preferences > Write Ratings and Playcounts to File, or something along those lines.  I don't remember if this does a one-time writing out of all of that data, or if it doesn't get written to the file until the song is played (or skipped?), though.  And even with this option, I don't think Skip Count can be written to the file, which means you would probably lose all Scores as well.

On a related note, it would be spectacularly awesome if, when rescanning the library, Banshee could compare the songs-to-be-removed with the songs-to-be-added and preserve ratings/plays/skips/score/etc for obvious duplicates.  This would make changing the location of the music library much less painful.

Michael

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Brian Lucas <bcl1713 gmail com> wrote:

You could get a graphical database editor and replace the paths in the original files with the new paths. Would be quite a pain but you'd maintain you ratings and pay counts etc.