Re: [Banshee-List] Cleaning DB after moving music

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 3:01 PM, Paul Smith <paul mad-scientist net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-12-09 at 10:29 +0100, Jensen Somers wrote:
>> The only quick fix I can think of is either selecting all files in
>> your library, right click and select Remove from Library (make sure
>> *not* to select Drive), or delete the database file itself which
>> should be located in ~/.config/banshee-1/.
>
> Yikes!  And what becomes of all my data such as ratings, number of times
> played/skipped, etc. when I do that?

I think there's another way to remove the tracks from the old location
: the file location can be displayed in the track list and you can
search or sort by this field.
So you should be able to find all tracks that still refer to the old
location, select them all, right-click and select the "Remove from
Library".

I hope this helps.

--
Bertrand Lorentz