Re: [Banshee-List] What is the latest stable version of Banshee?

Hi, the 1.7.3 you're seeing is referring to the latest development release of Banshee. The current stable release is 1.6.1. As 1.7.3 is a development release it is filled with the latest and greatest features and bug fixes, but may also contain as yet undiscovered bugs, regressions, and other things that may make children cry and puppies run in fear.

That being said I've used 1.7.3 and have had none of the above happen. 1.7.3 is perfectly stable for me. The only thing I had an issue with were some plugins (I believe the lyrics one). In fact, you'll be happy to know my puppies are safe and sound by my side as I rock out with Banshee at this very moment.

This is the Banshee stable PPA to keep you updated with stable releases: https://launchpad.net/~banshee-team/+archive/ppa

This is the development PPA, which as stated, might make children cry and puppies run in fear: https://launchpad.net/~banshee-team/+archive/banshee-unstable

Good luck and happy listening!