Re: [Banshee-List] Now Playing extension for Empathy

On 8/2/2010 4:40, Bertrand Lorentz wrote:
On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 2:51 AM, David Velazquez
<david velazquez08 gmail com>  wrote:
Does anyone know of a now playing extension for banshee that displays on
empathy or the like? I've been looking for one and can't seem to find it.
Maybe I'm just looking in all the wrong places?
Thanks,
Dave

The telepathy extension can update your status in empathy with the
current track info. Of course it does much more than that : you can
browse the library of your contacts and stream or download tracks from
them.
It's part of the "Banshee Community Extensions"
(http://gitorious.org/banshee-community-extensions), but you need the
following dependencies for it to work :
* mono>= 2.4.2
* banshee>= 1.5.1
* empathy>= 2.27.91
* telepathy-gabble>= 0.9
* telepathy-mission-control-5>= 5.3.1

At least on Ubuntu, the Banshee PPAs seem to me to be doing a great job keeping up with B-C-E. (Virtual High-five!)

The easiest way to install any extension on Ubuntu is to setup the PPA, then you can simply:

$ sudo apt-get install banshee-community-extensions

This installs (and keeps you up to date with) all of the extensions in B-C-E. Most of them are tiny and don't take up that much space and it can be useful using the meta-package for any new extensions that show up from time to time. (You can also just open up synaptic or your package manager of choice and search for "banshee extension" to manually pick and choose which to install.)

Once installed, you just need to remember to activate (check the checkbox) the extensions that you actually want running in Banshee from the Extensions window in Banshee.

--
--Max Battcher--
http://worldmaker.net