Re: [Banshee-List] iPod Sync Issues

Tom/Mike,

Whenever I connect it back into iTunes it classifies the data as other or doesn't show up. When this is the case I tend to just reinitialize and try again. I read somewhere that when Banshee 1.8 comes out it should have full support for iPods so maybe one of the 1.7 releases work better.

In the mean time I might have found a way to update my iTunes that I have running in my XP VirtualBox using Banshee as my main music player. I found a python script online that exported a specified Banshee playlist and adapted it so it exported all Banshee playlists to standard m3u format. I then wrote a c++ program that created an iTunes Music Library.xml file using those exported playlists as well and already existing iTunes Music Library.xml file. The previous xml file i got from the iTunes folder by importing the songs that exist on my Host Machine into the iTunes in the VM (making sure the iTunes Music Folder destination points to the VirtualBox). To interface between the python script and the c++ program I used a bash script. With that done I can import the iTunes Music Library.xml file to iTunes and I can update my iPod. It's a bit of a run around, but it almost works, ironing out the issues right now (iTunes uses funny characters for the special characters so the comparison doesn't capture all of the tracks).

And with regards to the bug reporting, I will probably get around to it one of these days. It took me almost a month to create this account so we shall see how soon I breakdown.

Thanks,
   Steven