Re: [Banshee-List] gdata-sharp libraries

On Sunday 11,April,2010 04:45 PM, Half-A-Bagel wrote:
> Hello Chow Loong Jin!
>
> Thanks for your answer. I'm currently use Crunchbang distro based on Ubuntu.
> I've tried to install some gdata* packages through aptitude, but no luck...
> Here what I get for
> aptitude search gdata
>
> i   libgdata-google1.2-1
> i   libgdata-google1.2-dev
> p   libgdata-java
> i   libgdata1.2-1
> i   libgdata1.2-dev
> p   python-gdata
> p   r-cran-gdata
>
> I guess these packages are not what I need... Any other suggestions?

What version of Ubuntu is this distro based on? The package you need is
libgdata1.4-cil, and depending on how new that distro is, libgdata-cil-dev as well.

For reference, Ubuntu has gdata-sharp in the universe components of the
repository starting from Karmic (9.10) onwards. In Karmic, you only need
libgdata1.4-cil, but from Lucid onwards you need libgdata-cil-dev as well, as
the development portions of the package have been split out from the package.

Since your distribution is based on Ubuntu, you might find the PPA[1] useful. I
think it can probably work with your distro, so you do not need to compile Banshee.

[1] https://launchpad.net/~banshee-team/+archive/ppa

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin (GPG: 0x8F02A411)