Re: [Banshee-List] gdata-sharp libraries

Chow Loong Jin wrote:

> On Saturday 10,April,2010 11:23 PM, Half-A-Bagel wrote:
>>
>> Hello guys!
>>
>> I'm a new one to the world of linux. I'm trying to get banshee compiled
>> on
>> my system. So far I reached a particular place where I can face an error
>> I'm
>> unable to manage.
>> Command on the console is
>>
>> make
>>
>> in the beginning everything's fine, but suddenly console shows me the
>> following messages:
>>
>> checking for GDATASHARP... configure: error: Package requirements
>> (gdata-sharp-core >= 1.4
>> 			gdata-sharp-youtube >= 1.4) were not met:
>>
>> No package 'gdata-sharp-core' found
>> No package 'gdata-sharp-youtube' found
>>
>> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
>> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>>
>> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GDATASHARP_CFLAGS
>> and GDATASHARP_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
>> See the pkg-config man page for more details.
>>
>> Ok. I've found a place on the internet where I can get sources for gdata
>> library and compile them. I compiled them and get a bunch of dlls. I even
>> put them in the GAC with gacutil. But no success. Still, when I execute
>> make
>> on the console, I got the same message =(
>>
>> What can you suggest me to do to satisfy this makefile script? I know
>> about
>> --disable-youtube, it's not an option.
>>
>> Thank you in advance for taking your time to read this message!
>>

> What distribution are you using? If your distribution ships gdata-sharp
> packages, then you should use those instead -- they're precompiled and
> should
> automatically get installed into the GAC.
>
> --
> Kind regards,
> Chow Loong Jin

Hello Chow Loong Jin!

Thanks for your answer. I'm currently use Crunchbang distro based on Ubuntu.
I've tried to install some gdata* packages through aptitude, but no luck...
Here what I get for
aptitude search gdata

i   libgdata-google1.2-1
i   libgdata-google1.2-dev
p   libgdata-java
i   libgdata1.2-1
i   libgdata1.2-dev
p   python-gdata
p   r-cran-gdata

I guess these packages are not what I need... Any other suggestions?