Re: [Banshee-List] The album covers arent saved =/

Title: RE: [Banshee-List] The album covers arent saved =/

-----Original Message-----
From: banshee-list-bounces gnome org on behalf of Michael.S.G.
Sent: Tue 2010-04-06 00:38
To: banshee-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Banshee-List] The album covers arent saved =/

As Michael said, It gets saved into the /home/.cache/media-art folder.

What is "possibly" needed is some function to move/rename these
"Downloaded" cache files to their respective Album folders.

Up to 1.5.3 it used to save the album art files as
artist-albumtitle.jpg
in the .cache/album-art directory, but they got too many problems with strange
and native langauge chars in album titles (take e.g. the album () from
Sigur Ros), so in 1.5.4 thse current "cache names" appeared.
I mostly already got album art or search for it by hand, so I just save a
file "cover.jog" in the album directory (my music library also isn't the
default ~/.Music directory as I store all music on a local partition, not
in my (NFS-mounted) home dir.
It IS very simple to then replace the cached picture, by right-clicking on
the (possible wrong) cover art and importing it again FROM this cover.jpg file.
--
Eef Hartman, Linux Support Admin
Delft University of Technology