Re: [Banshee-List] proposal to adopt the GNOME release schedule

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 9:07 AM, Bertrand Lorentz
<bertrand lorentz gmail com> wrote:
> [Putting on my dusty "extension developer" hat]
> Time base releases would also be helpful for other extension
> developers : they would know when's the best time to test their
> extension with the latest Banshee, and when the new feature they're
> relying on will be widely available.
> But it's not because we would have a "API freeze" deadline that we
> should then break API for no good reason. ;)

In GNOME, API freeze only applies to libraries, not applications in
the desktop suite.  So while adopting an API freeze is an admirable
goal, it is not necessarily common practice for user applications in
GNOME.

Sandy