Re: [Banshee-List] Problem building 1.5 from source

Well, after building 1.5 and testing for less than an hour, I do have some
feedback, though i worry how welcome it is here.

The first things I noticed were that the collection scanning was incredibly
fast, which is a huge plus when you have a large library.  Also, the three
major file formats that I have in my collection (mp3, flac and some m4a) all
played fine.  Videos played fine, as well and the fullscreen viewer for both
videos and audio was a nice touch.  After that, things didn't go so well.

Album art does not show until you play a track.  This is obviously a problem
on large collections.  Actually, it's not good for anyone regardless of
collection size.  And, there's no functionality to adjust cover art, in the
case that it's incorrect, which has happened frequently in older versions of
Banshee as well as other music programs.  Also, the Download Album Art
function did nothing as far as I could tell.  CPU usage was between 45 and
95% when simply playing tracks (this is on a 3.6GHz Core Duo machine with
2GB of RAM, running Jaunty), which made the system incredibly slow, with the
screen frequently greying and hanging.

While I don't want to knock anyone's work, but I was hoping for more; better
artwork handling, better large collection handling (this is what I assume is
slowing my system to a crawl when using Banshee 1.5), etc.  Songbird is even
snappier than Banshee on my system.  Listen runs like a dream other than the
annoying bug that randomly stops playback between tracks.

Again, I'm not trying to say that anyone is doing a poor job or make anyone
feel bad, simply giving my feedback, which I assume the devs would want to
know or hear in order to make their program better.

Thanks to those who have been so helpful the past couple of days.  Still
hoping for good things from Banshee.

>>> https://launchpad.net/~gmendoza