Re: [Banshee-List] Problem building 1.5 from source

If you're running Ubuntu, the instructions on the dev site needs some
work.  The git-core package needs to be installed which is not listed
in their command example.  Plus, banshee-1 is not a package in the
Universe repo.  Banshee-1 is only in the PPA, but using banshee
dependencies works fine.

Remove banshee if already installed:
sudo apt-get remove banshee banshee-1

Build from source:
sudo apt-get install git git-core subversion autoconf automake libtool
intltool gcc make
sudo apt-get build-dep banshee
cd /usr/src
sudo git clone git://git.gnome.org/banshee
cd banshee
sudo ./autogen.sh
sudo make
sudo make install