Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee-by-default in Ubuntu talk - happening now

Hi,

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 9:36 PM, rickstone <rhadenstone gmail com> wrote:

Well, I don't agree, but fair enough.  We can have differing opinions on this
subject, though I have yet to see a single response that actually speaks to
the three points that I made in my original post.  Three major advertised
functions are broken.  This alone is enough for me to voice my opinion that
Banshee isn't yet ready to be the default player in Ubuntu.

* Original post *
Let's hope that this doesn't happen.  Banshee is a completely unusable mess
at this point and with release dates pushed back further and further and no
fixes for advertised yet broken functionality nowhere on the horizon, this
would be a huge mistake.  Rhythmbox may not be sexy, but it's rock solid.

The above is your original post. There doesn't appear to be three points there, the only point appears to be that you find banshee unusable. If you could be more specific about what you find lacking you will undoubtedly get a much better response.

Alan.

I have never once in 5 years of using different Linux distros ever been told
to file a bug rather than being offering some assistance on a forum or
mailing list.  I have always thought that this was part of the point of
forums and mailing lists.

You may have filed a bug, which is great if that's how you want to spend
your time, but you haven't yet offered any positive info, only smarmy
retorts.