Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee-by-default in Ubuntu talk - happening now

While I appreciate that we all have differing opinions and that free speech
is a valuable commodity, I, too have the right to it.  The above opinion is
far from FUD, but the truth.  I have installed Banshee multiple times (and
reinstalled more than that) on different systems, on different OS versions,
etc., and the issues that I am pointing out (that I have previously pointed
out here, never getting a straight answer or any useful reply) are MY
experience and obviously the experience of others, noted by reading the
posts here.  "File a bug" is hardly a helpful response to a question.

The latest version of Banshee that I see available is 1.4.3...this version
has been out for some time and did nothing to solve any of the
aforementioned problems.  This version does NOT appropriately support the G1
as advertised (a fact echoed by many), and the cover art management is
abysmal.  You can tell me I'm wrong, but I'm stating that this is MY
experience with this package.  This is also the experience that many others
have noted.

I'm sorry if some people think that the truth (and the request for
intelligent input and responses) is FUD.  I have asked here many times for
input on these issues and have received responses similar to the these.
This is sad.  A logical response offering some assistance or possibly asking
further questions IS appropriate.  Simply telling someone to "file a bug" is
not helpful or appropriate.  Not every user wants to or has time to file
bugs.  These are simple questions and if someone thinks that I and others
are either stupid or lying about G1, iPod and cover art support, then feel
free to point me (and the many others here who have asked about this) in
some positive direction.