Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee-by-default in Ubuntu talk - happening now

Rickstone:

Before passing such harsh and (in my opinion) false judgment, I would ask you to install the latest master for version 1.5. A huge number of issues from version 1.43 have been resolved, and it works wonderfully. I think that it is definitely the BEST choice for a default player for future releases of Ubuntu. Rhythmbox is clunky, awkward, and never going to get any better, whereas Banshee is easy, sexy, has great Last.fm support, and is continually evolving...

Cheers,

Gregg

rickstone wrote:
Let's hope that this doesn't happen.  Banshee is a completely unusable mess
at this point and with release dates pushed back further and further and no
fixes for advertised yet broken functionality nowhere on the horizon, this
would be a huge mistake.  Rhythmbox may not be sexy, but it's rock solid.

gabaug wrote:

Ubuntu is holding its Developer Summit, and having a session right
*now* (just about to start) about whether to make Banshee the default
media application.  You can listen in at
http://icecast.ubuntu.com:8000/room3.ogg.m3u

There may be a Gobby document created at http://gobby.ubuntu.com/ at
some point.  You can probably chat on IRC about it on freenode,
#ubuntu-devel-summit

The Blueprint document that originated this session is here:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-karmic-default-media-player-choice.

Cheers!

Gabriel