Re: [Banshee-List] Version 1.6

2009/4/29 mati <mati_wroc o2 pl>
> Unfortunately we're not quite ready
> for 1.6 yet.  It may be a couple months off yet.

I know it isn't something that important, but as Ubuntu is considering
Banshee as a replacement to Rhythmbox for 9.10 release:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-karmic-default-media-player-choice

It is actually quite a big step, becoming the default application in a major distribution would mean a million new users easily. It would also be a victory for Banshee on technical terms being able to fit the bill for such a deployment. If Banshee does get to become the default, that makes 2 out of 3 major distros shipping Banshee by default.

Even if they do reject banshee it will hopefully be with a clear list of things we can work on, and I have every confidence that the talented Banshee community will be able to get that list as small as possible for the next window.

- David