Re: [Banshee-List] Compilation support

Old thread, but wanted to share a tip to bide the time while waiting for the
"Album Artist" browser.  I learned this from WinAmp, but works great on
Banshee.

Create a new "Smart Playlist" and setup the criteria so that it contains the
filter "AlbumArtist -> is not -> Various Artists" or whatever you name your
compilation's "Album Artist" tag.  Alternatively, if you follow the WinAmp
approach in tagging your files, you can add a special character string in
the "Comment" tag of your files.  WinAmp looks for the comment to start with
"[C]" to determine is it is a compilation and since I have already tagged my
MP3 files that way, I created a smart list filter that looks like "Comment
doesn't contain [C]".

Works like a charm.  Mind you, I am hoping for the native configurable
browser support in Banshee, but this at least filters out the wheat from the
chaff.  I am not a fan of WinAmp anymore either, but it served its purpose
for Windows platforms.

Cheers!