Re: [Banshee-List] "Party shuffle" extension?

Bertrand Lorentz wrote:

> On Sat, 2009-03-21 at 12:06 -0700, IBBoard wrote:
> ...*snip*...
>>
>> I know I can create dynamic/smart playlists, but I want to have the
>> "party
>> shuffle" functionality of showing the last X (normally 5, I think) played
>> songs and a random queue of Y songs (normally about 20) that you can
>> remove
>> songs from and rearrange. I know I can just use the standard shuffle, but
>> back when I used Windows and iTunes I found it useful to see the recently
>> played songs and remove songs I didn't want before they even started.
>>
>> If anyone knows of any plugins or thinks it would be interesting to add
>> (or
>> has any other information :) ) then that'd be great.
>
> You might want to take a look at the Mirage extension :
> http://hop.at/mirage/
>
> It might not do exactly what you want, the songs it suggests are not
> random, they're similar to the one(s) you've started the playlist with.
>
> --
> Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>
>> http://flickr.com/photos/bl8/ <

I've managed to get a copy 0.4 from the Fedora build service (slightly
ironic given that I thought the Suse build service was one of the great
things about Suse!) and it is quite useful in its own way, but a) I tried it
with a few songs and unless I was just really unlucky it only matched 8
extra songs from my 2500 tracks, and b) it was mainly the "queue of random
tracks" and "last few tracks just played" functionality that I liked from
the Party Shuffle.

Thanks for the info, though :)

Regards,

IBBoard